Saturday, July 24, 2010

Black and White Photography Makeup

Vintage lips, dark liner, extreme blush, happiness.
I set out to make the perfect look that would translate onto black and white photography with looking cakey, over done, or washed out. I didn't film this because it was just an experiment and my experiments always take forever to film. so I opted for this, if you like it , request it and I'll redo it for a tutorial. here is the finished look, pretty foxy eh? 
 


This image is in color, I took Pictures along to way, so follow me!
I started with a matte foundation, which I normally don't, but for photo's you don't want to pick up any pearly colors in foundation, so i stuck to matte.
Then I applied some slight shimmer shadow in a medium color to the lid, a little tiny shimmer keeps the eyes from looking to dry and cakey. but don't go for all out glitter, (especially for a vintage look.)



Sweeping a dark brown matte color into the crease contours the eye,
and keeps the shimmer to a minimum.
Then I applied a matte face powder as a highlight.
 
Line with liquid liner to define, (I hate liquid liner.)
Then pack a dark brown matte shadow (crease color) 
on top of the liner to soften it.
Add mascara.



Buff on some blush, I applied mine in layers of 3 colors to really intensify it, 
again avoid too much shimmer.

Layering on 3 lipsticks, one in nude, one in coral and one in a deep berry red,
all of them then sealed on with purple and pink shadow pressed on top.

Ready to shoot!
Oh! and brows are again that dark matte brown, in my natural brow shape.
Hot lips!
 Why are roses in your mouth sexy? They don't taste that great and they're sharp.
As you can see the shadow doesn't look too dry.
 Thanks you guys for reading this blog post, 
let me know if its worthy of a tutorial!

<3's & *'s 


You guys are fab! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment